What color jewelry goes with a green dress is a question that many fashion-conscious individuals often ask themselves when accessorizing for a special occasion or a night out. Green is a bold and versatile color, varying across the color spectrum from light to dark, with undertones ranging from yellow to blue.
- It is an eye-catching color and receives attention.
- If you are wearing green then you are not playing it safe, you are standing out from the crowd and developing a signature style.
- Yet green is also a classic color, it is not gaudy, tacky, or bright, so you remain elegant as well as make a statement.
But the question remains – what colors of jewelry go with a green dress?
- Different color jewelry complements various shades of green and clashes with others.
- Metallic jewelry in gold, silver, and copper complements darker greens to create a matching and sophisticated ensemble.
- Brighter colors of reds and pinks clash nicely with lighter greens to create a standout, more casual look.
The rest of this article will give you guidance and inspiration on what color jewelry goes with a green dress, and which color jewelry is best worn for various occasions that would make you stand out.
What Shades of Green Can I Wear?
Green is one of the most versatile colors to add to your wardrobe as there are so many different shades. Green can have yellow or dark undertones and varies from pale and pastel to rich and dark.
Below are several shades of green that you can wear:
- Spring green
What Occasion Can I Wear A Green Dress To?
Lime, mint, or sage are perfect for a summer wedding and emerald, hunter or forest are ideal for a winter wedding.
Green screams Christmas and so wearing a green dress during winter with red or gold jewelry gives it an especially festive look.
Green stands out and so is a great color to wear to make a statement at a party or event.
How Can I Color Contrast with Green?
As green is such a bold color primary colors such as yellow and blue contrast with green, as do bright shades such as reds and pinks.
If you are wearing a green outfit with a pattern or print, the jewelry should ideally match the color and style of the pattern and this will contrast well with the green.
How Can I Color Match with Green?
- Green is a perfect canvas to enhance metallic colors like gold, silver and copper.
- So a choice of these colors for jewelry would complement your outfit, especially if a stone within the metallic is green to match the dress.
- Jewelry can also be matched with a handbag, shoes or other accessories rather than the green dress itself.
What Jewelry Goes with A Light Green Dress?
Light green dresses such as lime, mint, or sage, are usually worn for a summer occasion.
Therefore warm toned jewelry such as gold, rose gold, reds and pinks will complement this look.
What Jewelry Goes with A Dark Green Dress?
Darker greens such as teal, emerald or hunter have a deep blue undertone to them, so cool toned jewelry such as silver, white gold, blues and lilacs are recommended here to complete the outfit nicely.
Gold plated products like a playboy necklace also bring an interesting vibe.
What Jewelry Should I Wear To A Formal Occasion?
For a more elegant, classy look for fine dining or a formal event, delicate jewelry in gold and silver marry well with a green outfit and add sophistication and splendor to the ensemble.
Remember to choose one of these color pairings and stick with the theme as golds and silvers should not be mixed and matched.
What Jewelry Should I Wear To A Casual Occasion?
- For a casual event, a summer picnic, or a daytime party, a bolder choice of jewelry will complement a light green dress nicely.
- Reds such as tomato or coral and pinks like fuchsia or magenta will stand out against the green to create a bold, edgier look.
- The slight clash will give off a casual air, as the dress and jewelry are not too matchy-matchy.
How Many Pieces of Jewelry Should I Wear With A Green Dress?
- As a green dress is so bold, being minimalistic is key when pairing jewelry with a green outfit.
- The standard three accessories would be earrings, a necklace, and a ring, with perhaps a simple bracelet added also.
- These pieces should complement each other in color and style so as not to overload or clash with your outfit.