Even an inexperienced fashion lover knows that each jewelry piece portrays a message. Whether you want to showcase your creativity or unique personality, choosing the appropriate rings is a subtle yet effective way. That’s why you need to learn how to style chunky rings for a bold and trendy look.
As new trends come and go, it seems people can’t get enough of the bulky ring type. Yet, there are many little details you should look out for when styling them. The metal, design, and how you combine them with your jewelry play important roles in the process.
Continue reading to discover all there is to know about styling chunky rings and their essentials.
How to Style Chunky Rings
Chunky rings are a great way to make a bold statement and finish up an entire outfit. With different styles and designs available, beginner fashionistas may feel a bit overwhelmed by them. However, our fine selection of vintage chunky rings can suit almost any style.
After choosing the right one for you, here’s how to mix chunky rings:
- Choosing the right finger
- Choosing a statement ring
- Choosing the right metals
- Uneven stacking
- Combining different shapes
Choosing the right finger
The first decision when styling a chunky ring is what finger to put it on. Even though it seems easy, many people forget that each finger has a different meaning. Thus, when choosing the right finger for a chunky ring, the main characteristics are:
- Thumb - The thumb is the only finger that stands out from the rest of the hand. Due to its position, it portrays uniqueness and individualism. Therefore, it’s the best finger to put a ring on if you want to showcase your transparent personality and creativity.
- Index finger - This finger is mostly associated with Jupiter and conveys a message of power. Wearing a ring on it portrays authority, leadership, and confidence. Furthermore, it’s a sign that the person can quickly adapt to difficult situations and overcome any issue.
- Middle finger - This finger represents balance, wisdom, and identity. If someone wears a ring on it, it’s a sign that they’re responsible and have a high sense of morality.
- Ring finger - Known for its romantic aspect because it's the only finger with an artery running to the heart. Besides love, it also symbolizes creativity.
- Pinky - Closely related to intelligence, it portrays good listening and negotiation skills.
Choosing a statement ring
If you plan on mixing several rings, you should always choose one that will bind them all together. Thus, choosing the right statement ring to convey your message is of great importance. These types of rings are best worn on the middle and index fingers and almost always come in a chunky size.
If you’re looking for a more classical statement look, choose a simple yet unique design. The shape itself should be attention-grabbing, even with a minimalistic look.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more elegant statement, try a chunky ring with a gemstone. But always ensure it has a slick design that further enhances the gem’s glory.
Choosing the right metals
Lastly, you should always choose the right material for a chunky ring. In today’s age, gold and silver are the most trending metals for these types of rings. However, there are some other metals and combinations available, such as:
- Brass - The most affordable of the bunch. Even though they’re not suitable for everyday use, these rings are perfect for a casual outfit. If you want to experiment with a combination of metals, brass goes well with rose and yellow gold.
- Silver - A bit pricier than brass, silver has a soothing color and an exquisite shine. These rings portray elegance and can be used for special occasions and casual parties. When mixed with other materials, silver is best combined with titanium and stainless steel.
- Gold - As the most sought-after precious metal, gold’s price is based on its purity. If you’re looking for a premium investment that can fit any style, gold has many variants. Yellow gold works best for classic looks, white gold for elegance, and rose gold for a vintage vibe.
- Platinum - The rarest metal you can get, platinum has the highest price on the market. With a soothing cool color, these rings are long-lasting and showcase luxury and elegance.
If you’re wondering how to combine chunky rings, the best practice is uneven stacking. We highly recommend that beginners start with as few rings as possible. When stacking these accessories, creating a balance is of utmost importance.
This can be achieved through several practices. First, always place your rings on an uneven number of fingers. Leaving several fingers bare gives the rings enough space to shine in their glory.
Furthermore, you can avoid symmetry so your style doesn’t look plain and boring. Instead, choose rings of different shapes and sizes. If you’re wearing a chunky ring on one finger, try using a slick and small fit on the other.
Combining different shapes
Going hand-in-hand with uneven stacking, choosing the right shapes to combine can make or break an outfit. But when it comes to chunky rings, the more mismatched they are, the cooler they look.
If you want a unique style, try using different geometric shapes. Whether it’s circles, triangles, or squares, you can hardly make a mistake with chunky rings. Moreover, you can experiment with different textures to see which kinds fit your statement ring best.
Tips to Style a Chunky Ring
After going over the basics, there are a few tips and tricks when styling chunky rings. When choosing a jewelry combination to match your outfit, here’s what you should remember:
- Adding a personal touch to reflect your personality
- Less is more
- Match your other jewelry
- Don’t be afraid to experiment
Adding a personal touch
Always add a personal touch that reflects your personality when choosing the right accessory. Even though following a specific trend is fun, there’s nothing that makes you stand out, like letting your creativity flow.
Furthermore, everyone has their unique styling preference. That's why we always encourage our customers to choose the jewelry piece that represents them most.
Less is more
Even though many people feel obliged to place as many rings as possible, remember that less can mean more. Sometimes, choosing one specific chunky ring can bring the whole outfit together. Since chunky rings take up a lot of space, the biggest risk is making your hands seem cluttered.
That’s why we always recommend new fashionistas to start small. You can always add more pieces as you gain experience.
Match your other jewelry
When choosing the ideal chunky ring, always ensure it matches the rest of your jewelry. This may be your earrings, necklaces, or even bracelets. Don’t rush and put a ring just for the sake of it. Always have the full outfit in mind and the types of metals present in it.
For beginners, we recommend sticking to the dominant metal type found in the rest of your accessories.
Don’t be afraid to experiment
Last but not least, people should always feel comfortable experimenting with their jewelry. Combining your favorite pieces should be a fun process.
So, there’s nothing wrong with trying different metals and styles to find the best look. The best results are always achieved when people let their creativity flow.
There are many different ways to style chunky rings. But if you really want to rock your style, you can use this article as a guide. When styling a chunky ring, always choose the suitable finger placement, metal, and shapes. You want your statement ring to have enough space to convey a solid message.
Always remember to balance the rings on your hands and add a personal touch. This way, you achieve a truly unique style that showcases your personality.
Lastly, we hope this article helps explain how to style chunky rings and that you’ll achieve a successful bold, yet trendy look!