by Jesús Zabala - 5 min read
How to Determine the Right Length for Your Playboy Necklace
Are you a fan of Playboy bunny necklaces but are confused about necklace length, or unsure which length suits your neckline? We are here to help you find out how to determine the right length for your Playboy necklace.
Believe it or not, finding the right necklace length makes a difference in getting an impeccable look.
Let’s dive in and discover!
How to Determine the Right Length for Your Playboy Necklace
For a necklace to look good on you, first, you should take a look at your face, neck, and body type. Then, you can find the ideal fit for you.
Additionally, there are four factors you should consider.
- A necklace should make your neck stick out.
- The width and length of your neck and upper torso, as well as your height, play a key part in finding the right necklace for you.
- The shape of your face.
- Your style and clothes.
Once you consider these factors, you will know which length suits you, whether it is a Playboy necklace or any other necklace.
The good news is that we can design custom Playboy bunny necklaces, and you can order your ideal length.
Universal Tips for Determining the Right Playboy Necklace Length
Highlight your neck
You can find your ideal necklace length by measuring the stretched-out length of the necklace you like and wear the most. This is probably the perfect necklace length for you, and it must go best with your clothes.
Now, focus on your neck. Since we are talking about neck jewelry, your neck actually matters a lot. If you have a long neck, you are lucky since any necklace length will suit you. On the other hand, if you have a short or wrinkly neck, then choosing your ideal necklace will be more challenging.
Define width and length
Let’s explain which necklace type corresponds to which neck type.
- Long neck: A choker looks good on a long, thin neck, called a “swan neck.” A choker can make a shorter neck look even wider.
- Short or wrinkly neck: If your neck is short, it is better to choose a longer necklace, from 20-24 inches long. A longer necklace can elongate your neck. A choker on a wrinkly neck does not look good. You should choose a longer necklace with a bigger pendant to avoid drawing people’s attention to wrinkles or other irregularities.
- Body torso: A necklace shorter than 22 inches is usually placed above or at the bust. If you choose a necklace longer than 22 inches, think about whether the necklace will suit well with your body torso. You might rethink your choice if you are short.
- Height: Believe it or not, your height is also relevant when choosing a necklace. If you are tall, you can wear any necklace type. However, if you want your necklace to stick out, it is better to be longer. Shorter women, on the other hand, should avoid buying long necklaces. The ideal length for them is up to their collarbone.
Consider your face shape
The most common face shapes are oval, square, round, and heart-shaped. You are lucky if you have an oval face; every necklace length will look good on you.
If your face is round, a longer necklace suits you best. In your case, you should avoid wearing a round choker since your face might look even rounder.
Round chokers are the ideal choice for heart-shaped and rectangular faces.
Combine the necklace with your clothes
Your jewelry should match your style. So, what you wear daily determines the necklace's length. For example, if you often wear turtlenecks, then long necklaces will look good on them. The only exceptions are that if you are short, you might reconsider your style choice.
When it comes to combining necklaces with clothes, make sure that the length suits the overall look and embellishes you.
You can check our guide to see which necklace length goes well with different types of clothes. However, remember that the best is to see yourself in the mirror and decide whether you look good.
Suits well with
On the collarbone
Looks good with most clothes. If you wear the bunny pendant, it will suit with a V-neck or other V-shaped clothes.
On the base of the neck
Suits best with off-the-shoulder or boat necklines.
Between the bust and the collarbone
It goes well with over-collared shirts and higher necklines.
On the bust or below
This length goes especially well with turtle or boat necks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average necklace size for a woman?
Remember that necklaces come in various sizes, but the average size for a woman is 18 inches. This length mostly sits below the collarbone and looks good on almost every neckline.
What is the average necklace size for a man?
The most common necklace size for men is 20 inches, collarbone size.
How can you determine your necklace size?
If you want to know the size of a necklace you already have, you should measure it. You can do that by putting the necklace on a table and measuring it with a rope or tape. If you are satisfied with that necklace length, you can order the new one based on that measurement.
Do necklaces stretch over time?
Although it depends on the material, necklaces can stretch over time. Materials such as gold can stretch, not only when they are pulled but also if you are wearing a heavy pendant for a long time.
Hopefully, this article has helped you find out how to determine the right length for your Playboy necklace.
When deciding which is the ideal Playboy necklace length for you, keep in mind that your height, face shape, neck length, and style are deciding factors.
Any necklace size looks good on people with long necks. People with shorter or wrinklier necks should wear longer necklaces.
If you are a tall person, you can choose any necklace length; however, long necklaces will look better on you. Otherwise, if you are short, avoid long necklaces.
Finally, choose a necklace length based on your face shape.
- DESIGNED & HANDMADE IN BALI
- FREE RESIZING FOR EVERY PIECE
- FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS
- 100% SAFE & SECURE CHECKOUT